Develop Self Esteem to Develop Confidence
By Dr. Helen Tucker, CWI Counselor
Low self-esteem can make new challenges a daunting task, but developing confidence brings a new perspective. Have you ever accepted a new challenge and afterwards wondered if you had the ability to complete it? Such feelings are often due to low self-esteem.
Do you look at the negatives and compare yourself unfavorably with others despite evidence to the contrary?
How can you improve self-esteem and develop confidence?
You are a unique human being. Yes, you have faults but, more importantly, you also have strengths.
1. Tackle life one day at a time.
2. At the end of each day, list everything you accomplished.
3. Praise yourself for every victory.
In due time, you’ll find others reacting more positively toward you. That’s because your self-esteem is improving and you’re developing confidence.
Take this short self-esteem quiz. When someone compliments you on an achievement, do you:
1. Accept the compliment with delight because you feel you deserve it?
2. Think you could have done better and consider all the mistakes you made?
3. Wonder if the compliment was genuine or not?
Don’t doubt others or yourself. Work on developing confidence.
Don’t forget to “like” us and comment before you leave. Thanks! See Creative Writing Institute for all your writing needs. The only school that gives you a personal tutor with every writing course!