Top Tips for Positive Thinking in 2014
by Dr Helen Tucker
Do those New Year’s resolutions feel like a thing of the past? Or have you stuck to your list but don’t feel like you’re making progress? Don’t be disheartened. Let this list revitalize your motivation.
- When you wake up each morning, tell yourself it’s going to be a wonderful day.
- One thing we have control over is our thoughts, so think positively and seek the company of positive people.
- Spend an extra five minutes each morning preparing physically and mentally for the day ahead.
- Set at least one daily goal, no matter how small. The key to long-term success is daily improvements.
- Keep a journal. Your life is worth recording and you can learn from your achievements and mistakes.
- Ignore distractions, focus, and meet your daily goal.
- Tackle the tasks that frighten you the most first. Not facing a fear causes limitations in life.
- Be there for someone else each day. Make yourself smile.
- When you’re doing well, be proud and reward yourself; then think of one small thing you could improve on.
In the words of Mahatma Gandhi:
“Your beliefs become your thoughts. Your thoughts become your words. Your words become your actions. Your actions become your habits. Your habits become your values. Your values become your destiny.”
Don’t forget to ‘like’ us before you leave. For more great tips, sign up for The Writer’s Choice Newsletter (for free) at http://cwinst.com/newslettersignup.php.