First, second and third place winners and seven additional Judge’s Choice stories will receive publication in our fourth annual anthology. In addition, we are giving cash prizes and professionally designed eMedals to post on your site. (See medals below.)
First place: Professionally designed Gold eMedal and $100, plus publication
Second place: Striking Silver eMedal and $50, plus publication
Third place: Brilliant Bronze eMedal and $25, plus publication
Fourth and Fifth place: Finalist eMedal and publication
This is a themed contest and this exact sentence must appear in the story:
“Explain how that happened.”
- Your story must be between 1,500 and 2,000 words.
- No swearing, profanity, explicit sexual scenes, graphic violence, etc.
- Your story must not have been published before. Winners grant minor editing rights for publication; Creative Writing Institute has first, non-exclusive, electronic rights to publish the winners and Judge’s Pick stories in our anthology. All Rights return to the author upon publication.
- ONE submission per person, please.
- Accepting submissions from July 15, 2016, until September 15, 2016, midnight, USA Eastern Standard Time.
- Entries will only be accepted through the form at https://CreativeWritingInstitute.submittable.com/submit.
- As you go through the submission process, there will be a space for you to copy and paste your document. Do NOT email attachments.
- Entry fee $5.
Sign up for The Writer’s Choice newsletter to receive articles that teach you how to win contests. Top right corner of http://www.CreativeWritingInstitute.com.