Third Annual Beginner’s Short Story Contest
A contest that is truly for beginner’s only! If you have been fortunate enough to sell a book or a short story, congratulations – but you don’t qualify for this contest. If you have self-published, you do qualify. This is an honor system.
1. Any genre (Horror, Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Drama, Children, etc.)
2. 1,000 – 1,750 words
3. There is no entry fee, but since Creative Writing Institute is a non-profit charity that sponsors cancer patients in writing courses, we’re asking entrants to donate $1 – $5 donations through credit card or PayPal at http://creativewritinginstitute.com/donate.php. If you can’t donate, you’re still welcome to enter.
4. Short Story rights remain the property of the author
5. Entries must be G-rated. That means no swearing or vulgarities.
6. Contest ends midnight, USA Eastern Standard Time, October 20, 2011
7. Mail to head judge, firstname.lastname@example.org
8. Put WRITING CONTEST in the subject line
9. Entries will be judged on originality, creativity, style, and technique
10. NOT following instructions may lead to disqualification
11. Up to two entries per person
12. Winners will be notified by email on or before December 15, 2011.
Prizes: 1st place winner will receive cash (up to $100, depending on donations received) OR a free, tutored writing course at Creative Writing Institute, valued at $200. In addition, the winner will receive two books, Word Magic by Cindy Rogers and an autographed copy of Word Trippers by Barbara McNichol. Our thanks go to both Cindy and Barbara for making these prizes available. Winning entry will be published on http://www.creativewritinginstitute.com and our blogs, along with the winner’s bio and picture, if provided.
Second place: Two free tutoring sessions with CEO and Founder, Deborah Owen, and a copy of Word Magic by Cindy Rogers. Winner’s name will be published on http://www.creativewritinginstitute.com and its blogs and we will provide a link to your story.
Third place: One free tutoring session with CEO and Founder, Deborah Owen, and an autographed copy of Word Trippers by Barbara McNichol. Winner’s name will be published on http://www.creativewritinginstitute.com and its blogs and we will provide a link to your story.
Honorable mentions: Names will be published on http://www.creativewritinginstitute.com and its blogs and we will provide a link to your story.
This is a small contest and your chances of winning are good. Enter now!
If you haven’t signed up for The Writer’s Choice Newsletter, which is chock full of writing tips, you can do that here: http://www.creativewritinginstitute.com. Fear not – we won’t spam you.